There are currently some great vacancies with some of our local community partners and businesses. Whether you’re looking to start your career or take the next step, check out some of the opportunities below.
United St Saviour’s, a charity that supports the people and communities of Southwark, are hiring for three new roles as the charity grows. They are recruiting for:
- A Resident Support Team Leader who will oversee the delivery of resident support services in each of the charity’s almshouses. They are looking for someone who has experience working with older people and is passionate about the principles of personal wellbeing. Salary: £38,000, full time and permanent.
- A Property Manager who will oversee the management of all the charity’s properties, ensuring they are well maintained and to ensure they are compliant with legal, and health and safety requirements. Salary: £42,000-£45,000, full time and permanent.
- An Operations and Executive Support Manager to help ensure that the charity’s growth is underpinned by solid and effective governance, administration, compliance, and management systems. Prior knowledge of governance or policy compliance in the charity sector is desired. Salary: £42,000, full time and permanent.
To apply for these positions please email your CV with a covering letter to email@example.com. You should outline your experience and how you meet the requirements of the Person Specification, which you can find here . Please keep your covering letter to no more than three pages (A4, standard margins, minimum font size 11pt). The closing date is midday Friday 8th October 2021.
Restorative Justice 4 All, a charitable NGO with a mission to advance community cohesion and human rights, is looking for a new Projects Manager. The role will support the director in ensuring the effective management of all elements of the charity from promotion to delivery and will act as a line manager to the Communications & Marketing Officer, Youth Engagement Coordinator and interns and volunteers. Salary: £30,507 - £45,591, full time.
The closing date is Monday 4th October 2021. To find out more and apply please visit https://www.rj4all.info/PM
Walworth Garden, a charity founded in 1987 to help rejuvenate a thriving community garden, is looking for an HR Advisor to work with the CEO to provide HR advice and support on all matters relating to employment so that the organisation is compliant and serves the best interests of all stakeholders. Salary: £28,420 per annum, pro rata. Two days a week on a one-year contract.
The closing date is Friday 15th October 2021. To apply and learn more, please visit: https://walworthgarden.org.uk/human-resources-advisor
Pembroke House, a centre for social action and community cohesion in Walworth, are looking for:
- A Living Room Programme Manager to bring the Walworth Living Room back to life after the pandemic, leading the transition away from an emergency food distribution hub to a community space to help inspire new relationships between residents and partners. Salary: £32,000 - £35,000.
- A Communications and Fundraising Officer who will be responsible for supporting and driving the charity’s communications and fundraising function. The purpose is to effectively reach and engage local groups, partners, residents and donors; to amplify the charity’s projects in the neighbourhood; and to meet fundraising goals. Salary: £26,000 - £28,000.
The closing date for both roles is Monday 4th October at 10am. To find out more about both roles please visit https://www.pembrokehouse.org.uk/jobs/
Link Age Southwark, a local charity that provides volunteer support to over 600 older people in the borough who are feeling lonely or isolated, are recruiting for two roles:
- A Finance Manager: Salary: £35,000 per annum, pro-rata. Part-time, 21 hours.
- A Volunteering Manager: Salary: £35,000 per annum. Maternity cover, full time.
The closing date for the Finance Manager is Wednesday 29th September 2021 at 5pm. The closing date for the Volunteering Manager is Monday 4th October at 9am. To apply please visit: https://www.linkagesouthwark.org/jobs
Age UK Lewisham and Southwark, a charity that seeks to improve the lives of older people in the boroughs, are recruiting a fundraiser. The role will help generate new sources of income from local businesses and communities, as well as support the leadership team to finalise strong grant and contract opportunities. Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 per annum.
The closing date is Monday 27th September at 9am. To apply please visit: https://www.charityjob.co.uk/jobs/age-uk-lewisham-southwark/view/770712
Camberwell After School Project, a charity that advances the education of children though group play, is looking for an Operational Manager to oversee the delivery of special projects and programmes. Working with the Service Leaders to ensure targets are met and delivery is within agreed budgets, the successful applicant will be part of the Senior Management Team and deputise for the Chief Executive in his/her absence. Salary: £18,477 per annum.
The closing date is Friday 24th September 2021. For an application form and full job description please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Grief Matters Southwark, a not-for-profit bereavement charity, is looking for a Trustee to join the board to provide support to the day-to-day management team.
Trustees are expected to join six board meeting a year, which are currently held virtually. The charity is specifically looking for someone with a financial background. To find out more, please visit: griefmatterssouthwark.com
Bankside Open Spaces Trust, an award-winning environmental and volunteering charity who work with residents and businesses to champion green spaces, is looking for new Trustees to join the board to provide support and experience in financial management, HR and charity management.
The Trustees are expected to join meetings every two months. However, they may also be involved in standing or ad-hoc sub committees and task forces that meet between board meetings.
If you have questions or are interested in this role, please contact the CEO, Charlotte Gilsenan, at email@example.com by Monday 11th October. Please include ‘Trustee Application’ in the email title.