Organised by White Label Media on behalf of Southwark Chamber of Commerce and Southwark Council this year the awards will reflect the challenges and opportunities that businesses have faced during the pandemic and acknowledge how they have adapted and innovated to ensure they survive through lockdown.
This year British Land, who are developing the Canada Water Development in SE16, are sponsoring the Young Persons Contribution Award.
Young people are among the most affected, economically, and socially, by COVID-19. This award seeks to acknowledge their circumstances but also their resilience and adaptability. It is an appreciation of those who may have contributed to a business in a significant way during the pandemic, perhaps as an employee, entrepreneur, apprentice, or part of the Kickstart or other scheme.
It will also recognise those young people without a job, or on furlough, who have given their time and skills to support their community through COVID-19.
They may have:
- Come up with a great idea to support the operations of a business during the pandemic, or to enhance staff morale
- Got involved in the company’s efforts to help the community
- Used technology or social media in a creative way
- Been on furlough or unemployed but used their skills from employment or business study, to help communities or key workers
- Set up their own business during the pandemic
Do you know any a young person who fits this one or more of the above criteria? If so, why not nominate them via www.southwarkawards.co.uk from June 23rd. Why not follow @SouthwarkAwards and keep up to date through the summer.