We’re reviewing the branding for the Canada Water Masterplan and are excited to share it as it evolves over time and with the place. We want to ensure that our brand builds upon the identity of the area and resonates with the local community.
That’s why this month we’re launching an online initiative called #OurCanadaWater to ask you to share something that you feel best represents the local identity of Canada Water, Rotherhithe and Surrey Docks. We are calling anyone who lives, works, goes to school, shops or visits SE16 to take part. And we’ll be awarding prizes to our favourite submissions, which include:
- £75 vouchers for Yellow House – the local restaurant on Lower Road by Surrey Quays; and
- £50 Love2Shop Vouchers – which can be used in a range of stores both in-store and online
To enter our competition, all you need to do is share your photos, stories, poetry arts & crafts or recipes that best reflects what Canada Water means to you using the #OurCanadaWater hashtag, or send it via a direct message on any of our Canada Water Masterplan social channels on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook. This could be something such as a particular location in the area, a story about an experience you’ve had in Canada Water, or a perspective of something that you associate the area with.
Entries are being accepted until the end of April, and we’ll display our favourite submissions in the window of Time and Talents 2 opposite Tesco in Surrey Quays Shopping Centre throughout March and April.
Following that, we will then pick the winning submissions and inform the prize winners. Please see the Terms and Conditions below for more information.
Terms and Conditions for #OurCanadaWater – social media competition to go live on CWM Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
- The promoter is: The British Land Group PLC (company number 621920) of York House, 45 Seymour Street, London, W1H 7LX (the “Promoter”).
- The title of the competition is #OurCanadaWater.
- The competition is open to everyone who lives, works, studies and spends time in Canada Water, Rotherhithe and Surrey Docks
- Competition entries must be received via our Facebook page (facebook.com/CanadaWaterMasterplan), Instagram (www.instagram.com/canadawatermasterplan) or Twitter (https://twitter.com/CWmasterplan) and tagged with #OurCanadaWater.
- The competition will run from 08:00am on 5thMarch 2021 to 23:59 on Tuesday 30th April 2021 inclusive.
- All competition entries must be received by the Promoter no later than 23:59 on Monday 30thApril 2021 (“Closing Date”). All competition entries received after the Closing Date are automatically disqualified.
- Throughout the competition, selected entries will be physically exhibited at [Time and Talents 2, Surrey Quays Shopping Centre].
- Winning entries will be physically exhibited at [Time and Talents 2, Surrey Quays Shopping Centre].
- The competition is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
- The Promoter will not accept:
- responsibility for competition entries that are lost, mislaid, damaged or delayed in transit, regardless of cause, including, for example, as a result of any postal failure, equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind; or
- proof of posting or transmission as proof of receipt of entry to the competition.
- By submitting a competition entry, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Multiple submissions are allowed
- The competition winners will be selected using a random number generator. The decisions of random number generator will be final.
- The winners will be selected at random from all qualifying entries in the 5 business days following 30thApril 2021
- The competition is only open to all residents in the UK aged 13 years or over, except:
- employees of the Promoter or its holding or subsidiary companies;
- employees of agents or suppliers of the Promoter or its holding or subsidiary companies, who are professionally connected with the competition or its administration; or
- members of the immediate families or households of (a) and (b) above.
- If you are under the age of 18, you must obtain written parental or guardian consent to enter and claim your prize. The Promoter may ask the winner to provide proof of age.
- In entering the competition, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim any prize you may win. The Promoter may require you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter the competition.
- The Promoter will not accept competition entries that are:
- automatically generated by computer;
- completed by third parties or in bulk;
- illegible, have been altered, reconstructed, forged or tampered with;
- photocopies and not originals; or
- The prize may not be claimed by a third party on your behalf
- The Promoter will make all reasonable efforts to contact the winner. If the winner cannot be contacted or is not available or has not collected their prize from Drake Circus Shopping Centre within 7 days of the Announcement Date, the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to the next eligible entrant selected from the correct entries that were received before the Closing Date.
- The Promoter does not accept any responsibility if you are not able to take up the prize.
- Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
- You agree that the Promoter may, but is not required to, make your entry available on its website [www.canadawatermasterplan.com], at the physical location as defined in clause 7 and any other media, whether now known or invented in the future, and in connection with any publicity of the competition. You agree to grant the Promoter a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable licence, for the full period of any intellectual property rights in the competition entry to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, edit, alter, store, re-format and sub-licence the competition entry for such purposes.
- If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions, the Promoter may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude you from participating in the competition.
- The Promoter reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend the prize competition where it becomes necessary to do so.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.