The Canada Water Masterplan is a partnership between British Land, Southwark Council and the local community to create an outstanding new town centre for Southwark and make a positive long-term contribution to local life.
We are committed to making sure that all those who live and work locally, both now and in the future, can benefit from the development and the opportunities it will create. Since 2014 more than 5,000 people have been involved in the community consultation which has directly informed the plans, and our key areas of commitment:
- Affordable homes for local people
- Local transport investment for current and future users
- Facilities for local people
- Support for a thriving community and economy
- Sustainable now and in the future