January 27, 2020
AECOM work placement for SE16 school leavers
In 2018 British Land launched a Consultant’s Charter setting out how our partners can help deliver our key legacy aims for the Canada Water Masterplan, as well as more immediate benefits to those who live and work in the area. As part of this commitment, the Masterplan project managers AECOM are recruiting for an Admin Assistant work placement for SE16 school leavers.
Applications are now open, and close on 7th February.
Admin Assistant Work Placement
Are you an SE16 school leaver and looking to gain professional experience in the built environment? AECOM’s Admin Assistant role offers the chance to work closely with the project management team in their Building and Places Department. Based in their London HQ, the year-long placement is a great opportunity to support the team in a range of exciting projects, including the Canada Water Masterplan.
There will also be an opportunity for you to go on to the Construction project management degree apprenticeship once you have completed the placement.
As well as supporting the project management team, the Admin Assistant role will be responsible for:
- Assisting team administrator with ‘Salesforce’ support.
- Organising and scheduling meetings, including booking suitable meeting rooms.
- Booking business travel arrangements and processing expenses on ‘Oracle’.
- Maintaining a tidy electronic filing system. Ensuring software is up to date and running.
- Ordering IT equipment using the in-house ‘Advantage’ system. Also liaising with AECOM IT supplier; ensuring approvals are given for the kit.
- Producing Power Point presentations and Excel spreadsheets, as needed.
- Formatting team reports, minutes of meetings and letters.
- Assisting with production and assembly of reports.
- Assisting with printing, photocopying and scanning.
- Liaising with post room for collections and deliveries.
- Payments via virtual credit card – Connected to Advantage.
- Staff Induction and new starter HR paperwork on 1st day copies of paperwork.
- Timekeeper – reminding people to submit on a Thursday / chasing on a Friday.
- Logging holiday for the team on the resource sheet – flagging when there are clashes at all staff levels.
- Keeping the team informed of any changes i.e. new marketing codes etc.
- Ensuring team emails distribution lists are kept up to date.
You will work collaboratively with a talented team of project managers who have a culture of technical excellence. You will be integrated into the team and be encouraged to share ethos, enthusiasm and passion of the team.
- Proficient use of word, excel, power point.
- Photoshop and InDesign knowledge advantageous.
- Excellent communications and strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to solve problems.
- Good Pass GCSE Mathematics and English and at least 3 other subjects at pass level.
- A-Level (if-wishing to progress to Apprenticeship Scheme).
To apply, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and Kerry.email@example.com.
The deadline for applications is Friday 7th February, with interview workshops taking place on Tuesday 18th February, of which all applicants will be invited to. Applicants will be required to prepare a 5 minute presentation on previous work experience.
Community NewsMarch 19, 2020
Enabling works update: tree maintenance works and archaeological investigations on plot K1 site on Roberts Close
We will soon be carrying out works relating to the Canada Water Masterplan which...
Community NewsFebruary 7, 2020
Sign up to the Budding Builders programme with Construction Youth Trust
Are you a local resident aged 16-30, with spare time on your hands, and...